AESP provides professional development programs, a network of energy practitioners, and promotes the transfer of knowledge and experience. Our members work in the energy services industry and represent electric and natural gas utilities, public benefits associations, regulatory and non-profit entities, vendors, manufacturers and consulting firms.
To learn more, just click the links on our Web site. We have topic committees, local chapters, online networking tools, a monthly newsletter and much more. Discover the power of AESP!
Founded in 1989 as a not-for-profit association, AESP is a member-based association dedicated to improving the delivery and implementation of energy efficiency, energy management and distributed renewable resources. AESP provides professional development programs, a network of energy practitioners, and promotes the transfer of knowledge and experience.
AESP is a member-driven organization that provides:
- Professional Development and Topic Committees with the industry leaders sharing thoughts, expertise and opportunities, addressing some of the industry ’s most pressing issues today
- Tools and Information dedicated to advancing “best practices” from service concept through delivery resulting in increased service efficiency and effectiveness
- National Conferences, Brown Bag Webinars, Education, Training and Professional Papers for all levels of experience providing tangible, actionable information helping everyone do their jobs more effectively
- Networking to identify potential opportunities and partnerships
AESP members represent all aspects of the energy industry including:
- Investor-owned, municipal and cooperatives utilities
- Energy marketers
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Federal and state government officials
- Public benefits agencies
The association has been around for over 25 years. AESP has had its ups and downs since its inception, reflecting that of the energy efficiency industry itself. Get an in-depth look at the history of AESP, its growth, and how the organization strived in the good and bad. Read the article here.